Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Stand up for your heritage

The General takes a lot of pride in his Southern heritage. Sure, I've never lived in the deep South, but I was raised so close to the south edge of Tremonton, UT that all my friends thought I lived in Elwood.

If I can't claim to be Southern by birth, I think growing up in rural Utah serves as a kind of baptism into southerness. At least I feel like I've been washed in the blood of General Nathan Bedford Forrest. Our culture was very similar to that of the South. We drove pickups and bought every record CW McCall ever recorded. We believed that Jesus blessed the killing of children to prevent them from becoming communists. And we wanted to discriminate against Negroes, but none lived in our town.

That's why I was so angry when I read that a good southern Christian girl wasn't allowed to wear a Confederate battle flag dress to the prom. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those long haired civil libertarians who oppose censoring free speech. I just don't understand why they have to ban the Stars and Bars rather than Jewish stars of David or homo shirts. Sure, it's a racist symbol, but what's wrong with that. It'd do the Yankees good to occasionally put on a hood and celebrate their white Christian heritage by burning a cross. It'd instill a little pride into them.

Speaking of pride, a company called Dixie Outfitters supports our rebel girl. They carry a great line of heritage wear--I'm particularly fond of their blackshirts. Some might say that the iron cross and the lightening-bolt S's are evocative of the Third Reich, but hey, I see them as being nothing more than an expression of pride in German heritage.


Note: Thanks to those great commenters, Melior and Mortal Jive, for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.