Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Monday, June 27, 2005

The business vocabulary of Red America

Mack Calhoun
District B Police Juror [county commissioner]
Ouachita Parish, LA

Dear Mr. Calhoun,

Have you seen J.O. Antley's letter in the News Star:

In reference to Mack Calhoun's statement, where he used the word "jew'' in discussing the purchase price of an item, I have waited for people in his district to come out in his defense. I have known Calhoun for many years. I know he is a fine Christian man. He would never do or say anything to offend anyone.

The word "jew'' in negotiation prices has been used in our family since I can remember. It is hard for me not to say it in normal conversation. The full definition of "jew'' from the dictionary is as follows: 1. To persuade to take a low price by haggling: with down. 2. To get a better of a bargain.

We need more public servants like Calhoun to stand up for what is right.

J.O. Antley

West Monroe

I couldn't agree more. There's nothing wrong with using the word "jew" as a verb. Still, there will be those who will try to make political hay with it. Just tell them you were drunk. Calhoun is an Irish name isn't it?

I wouldn't worry too much about Linda Holyfield's concerns either. Maybe your comments will turn off some potential investors, but they will certainly also encourage others. If I were you, I'd use the controversy to recruit a few confederate flag makers, a couple of Pat Buchanan's enterprises, and maybe Jim Baker's law firm. I'm sure you could make them feel right at home.

Heterosexually yours,

General JC Christian, patriot

A helmet tip to reader perlstein (French derivation, obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.