Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Paris Hilton: victim of tax internment

The hypocrisy of the French-minded traitors among us never ceases to amaze me. They're constantly whining about things like the race-based internment of Japanese-Americans, but ignoring even greater crimes like the taxation of the wealthy. It's as if they believe that it's OK to progressively tax those whom God blessed with wealth but it's a terrible crime to imprison brown people for the crime of being descendents of foreigners.

But that's enough from me. My landsman, Chris Jolley of American Fork, Utah, says it better in a letter to the University of Washington's alumni magazine:

As a conservative, I feel compelled to respond to the liberals wallowing in their anti-American mire. I know that liberals love to feel guilty about being wealthy Americans. I can accept that, even though I won't feel guilty about it. I recognize that America is great and wealthy because of our liberty. It is no accident.

One of the key differences between liberals and conservatives is that liberals always put themselves ahead of their country and conservatives put their country ahead of themselves. Much of the information presented and implied was how much the Nisei students were required to personally sacrifice for their country. I find their sacrifices great and worth reporting and even honoring. While I appreciate their sacrifices, I don't find the government guilty of any crimes against them. The government did what it had to do to win the war.

They weren't the only ones who were required to sacrifice. First and foremost are the soldiers who risked and gave their lives (including soldiers of Japanese descent). Other regular citizens were required to ration gasoline, rubber, steel, etc. Speed limits were reduced to conserve gasoline...

If I belonged to a group that had members who threatened the security of this country, I would willingly go to an "assembly center." It seems like a logical sacrifice. It wouldn't be enjoyable, but if it meant saving my country from destruction, I would rather spend some time in a camp than have my family beheaded for practicing a Christian religion. But then I'm conservative, and I put my country ahead of myself.

Japanese, Italians and Germans aren't the only groups that have been singled out in relation to our nation's security. Even currently, people with higher incomes are singled out to pay higher taxes. They haven't committed any crimes any more than the Nisei students did.

A helmet tip to reader Emily and a photo credit to Mary Richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.