Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Immorality in our Northern Forests

Bryan Fischer
Idaho Values Alliance

Dear Pastor Fischer,

When I first read about Gov. Otter's plan to slaughter 85% of Idaho's endangered wolf population, I worried that he might not have the political muscle needed to pull it off. Sure, he has the backing of such powerful groups as the Idaho Woolgrowers and the Idaho Cattle Association, but what about our lord, Jesus Christ; where does He stand on the issue?

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long before you stepped forward with the Lord's answer:

The Judeo-Christian tradition teaches us that man has a God-given authority to manage animal populations for the benefit of the human family, and Christian compassion directs us to use that authority to provide maximum protection from predatory animals to Idaho families who make their living through farming and ranching.

I'll have to admit that you had me a little worried there with all that franco-Jesus talk about compassion, but you later cleared it up with some good old angry God preaching from Leviticus:

The book of Leviticus contains part of the civil code for the ancient nation of Israel. In a section toward the end, God, speaking through Moses, identifies the results of obedience in the nation's life and compares them to the consequences of disobedience.

He says, "If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands...I will remove savage beasts from the land...But if you will not listen to me...and reject my decrees and abhor my laws...I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, (and) destroy your cattle ..." (Leviticus 26:3, 6, 14, 22)

In other words, one sign that a nation is operating under an open heaven and with the blessing of God is that its people will have little to fear from predatory animals. On the other hand, one sign that God is withdrawing his favor from a land due to its rejection of him is that the nation must once again confront the threat to life and livestock posed by predatory creatures from the wild.

I'm afraid, however, that you're letting the wolves off the hook here, at least as far as responsibility goes. Have you considered the possibility that the people's wickedness is something they've learned from the wolves? Think about it. Alpha male wolves take multiple wives. They're just as bad as the Mormons. What kind of example is that for our children? The sight of these alpha males engaging in adultery all over the woods has to affect them. If we don't wipe the wolves from Idaho's forests, we will be cursed with a generation of fornicators.

I hope you will consider adopting this message as part of your communication strategy on wolves. I think it would mesh nicely with all of your other messaging efforts.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

A helmet tip to commenter kt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.