Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

At home with the 101st Fighting Keyboarders

I've often complained that people don't show enough respect for those heroes who risk carpal tunnel syndrome fighting the Islamofascist menace under the most difficult of battlefield conditions, the chilly, lonely hell of their mother's dark, damp, spider infested basements. Yet, they don't complain, for they know they're contributing something vitally important to the war effort, a semblance of a national will to continue the fight.

A few hours ago, I read a post at Captain's Quarters that prompted me to think about the important work the 101st Fighting Keyboarders are doing. It was basically a mash note from Captain Ed to Mr. Rove. Reading it, I was reminded of the time he allowed me to tour his basement command center. It was a short tour. His mother sent me home after she got into an argument with the Captain about taking out the trash. But I did get one picture of a shrine he built to Mr. Rove on the wall opposite the foot of his bed. I share this photo with you tonight in order to show you Ed's human side, the part of him that hasn't been touched by the horrors he's seen when Cheeto shortages have sent him into DTs.



A helmet tip to Crooks and Liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.