Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Connecticut's favorite son: Marshal Petain

I wasn't back home more than a few minutes before Ofjoshua was dragging me off to a Passover Seder. It's an old Christian custom where everybody eats crackers, horseradish, and some kind of jellyfish. I think I was a hit with all of the other attendees. Every time I yelled "praise Jesus," all conversation stopped and every eye turned to me.

Anyway, this is my first night at home in over a week, and I'm too exhausted to write post anything of my own. So please go over to VichyDems and read Thersites2's excellent proposal.

Here's a short excerpt:

Instead of employing Mexicans in Mexico, where they waste our perfectly good American pennies on Mexican tortillas, we can pay American workers the same free-market wages here at home, and make American tortilla-makers rich! Why should WalMart customers' money support some Chinese seamstress, when No Child Left Behind and the underfunding of Head Start has created our very own underclass of impoverished young women willing to work for a penny a seam? And since Mexican pollution blows right across the Rio Grande to pollute our air, and water always finds its own level anyway, why should we worry about environmental degradation and melting ice caps? If anyone's going to get rich by crapping on the environment, then bless it, it should be us!

As to the illegal immigrant problem, well, once we've leveled the playing field by making America's environment, job opportunities, and social safety net no better than they are in Guatemala and Guam, those people probably will pack up and head home of their own accord. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.