Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Our Future Leaders

Last week, Wonkette (the man with a not-man's name, not the not-man who parlayed butt spelunking into a journo-drama gig at Time Magazine) infiltrated Late Night Shots, a "closed social networking site for DC's best and whitest." Yesterday, he shared the Shotters' wisdom with the world.

While reading their late night missives, I was struck by how closely their values matched those of our current leaders. I felt like I was reading old diaries written by today's Republican icons.

Take the following post for instance. It's George Felix Allen through and through:

Interview Mentality
Posted By: Williams College on 10-26-2006 1:49 am
Am I wrong to think it is a big advantage to go into an interview on the hill with a chief staff assistant knowing that he was an R.A. during college and that you were a D3 varsity athlete. It has always given me a leg up, both in terms of toughness and maturity, and I feel like it always will.

And how about this one from a budding Bill Frist:

Lying about Greek affiliation
Posted By: very concerned on 10-19-2006 11:20 am
At age 29 if you're dating a chick, how big of a problem is it if you're digging through her desk and you find out that she was lying about what sorority she was in. This happened to a friend of mine
.
With a response from a future Kay Bailey Hutchison:

RE: Lying about Greek affiliation
Posted By: problem on 10-19-2006 11:23 am
I think that's a bit of an issue. More than the lying, you don't want to date a girl who couldn't get into a good house. It spells problems down the road.

Here's a Jean Schmidt in waiting:

My boyfriend's dad
Posted By: HHHS00 on 10-23-2006 12:40 pm
I recently found out that the dad of the guy I am hooking up is a dentist. Where I come from dentists are looked at as sheisters. I think this guy may have been hiding it from me, and in my mind he lost some serious points after this revelation.

And a future President or, at least, governor of Texas:

RE: what are acceptable handouts from parents
Posted By: taxman on 10-25-2006 6:23 pm
Someone should receive absolutely no more than 30 k/yr and car payments from parents. If you're above that, you really have problems. Girls may be entitled to a bit more than that with shopping and everything, but I feel like 30k is pretty reasonable.

And, finally, a post you'll never see on Late Night Shots, and if Mr Rove has his way, you'll never hear it in the halls of Congress either:

We had started taking some small-arms fire, and I turned to my co-pilot and said we could be in for some trouble. As the words left my mouth, there was a big fireball at my knees...I found out later the pedals were gone, and so were my legs.
--Tammy Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.