Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

At the Caucuses

I just left my caucuses in a very red section of Washington on the Alabama side of the Cascades. Turnout was huge. In 2004, we had 24 precincts meeting at our location. Today we had six and the the room was packed. Many more people than in 2004.

Clinton had no organization and only one sign. It was home-made. Obama stuff was everywhere, and they were organized down to the precinct level.

Results for my precinct: 41 for Obama, 19 for Clinton.

For those who are interested, I caucused for Obama. It was a tough decision, but I think he matches up a lot better with McCain, especially in regard to the war. I also believe that in a Clinton/McCain matchup, McCain will be perceived as the candidate for change. Yes, it's crazy, but people still see him as an outsider, and the recent attacks on him by conservatives only strengthen that perception.

Here are a few pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.