Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Coward's Coward

The following was posted in my comments by someone pretending to be one of my regular commenters:

We should all get together and assasinate that bastard Bush, don't you agree? Let's blow his ugly face off and we can have fun!!

What kind of coward would attempt to frame another person like this simply because he objected to that person's political beliefs? Maybe we should ask Steven S. Hoffmann, a member of the Washington University College Republicans, since the comment originated from a computer he used when posting here using his real name (128.252.173.149). Update: I have a gut feeling that Steven is being truthful below. I suspect that the culprit is one "dozens of people" he mentions. The WU computer people are on it.

I'll be forwarding all of the information I have about the poster to Washington University's network administrator. Civil libertarian that I am, I'll make the Secret Service get a subpoena.

Update: Steven responds.

Since you still appear to be obsessed with a subject I have all but forgotten, and have now attributed quotes to me that I have not written, I will respond.

The server you name is not mine.

At the time you claim that I wrote the comments, I was at a Halo tournament.
The dozen other participants can verify that.

When you initially posted about my letter to the editor, I gave your web site
out to dozens of people I know.

I'll admit that the postings there are quite stupid and immature, but I will
not be responsible for others actions.

I have a senior thesis to be working on. Move on.

Steven S. Hoffmann

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.