Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Is Lou Dobbs Day around the corner?

Agribusiness is king where the General lives. It's not only the biggest industry in town, it's about the only industry we have in my county. That means we have a lot of illegal immigrants. The local economy depends on them.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) holds periodical roundups of these workers. Usually they occur on the heels of the harvest and are targeted at farmworkers. Occasionally, one of the many canneries in the area is hit, but only when the workers get too uppity and start talking to union organizers.

The roundups are always elaborately planned and very efficiently carried out. The workers are picked up, held at a temporary facility for a day or two before appearing at an assembly line style hearing, and then sent straight to Mexico (most of our farmworkers come from two Mexican states, Michoacán and Jalisco).

A new roundup began on Tuesday. It's very different from previous ones. Immigration's already hit more than one cannery and, according to Ofjoshua's sources at ICE, they plan to continue raiding canneries through Friday. They've also added restaurants to their list for the first time.

The strangest thing about it is that they aren't holding anyone. They're photographing and fingerprinting them and then picking up their families for similar treatment before letting everyone go. From what I understand, it's as well planned and efficient as every other roundup, except they've done away with the detention, hearings, and deportation.

I can't quite figure out why they're doing it this way, but I have to wonder if it's all prep for some kind of Lou Dobbs Day when thousands of illegals are gathered up all across the country to serve as props for one of Our Leader's glorious media events.

Like all patriotic bloggers, I'm required by the Pajama Code to wear two hats, the yellow beret of the 101st Fighting Keyboarders and the Eggman Fedora. I've been neglecting the latter because kerning doesn't interest me, but I suppose that I should don it now. After all, we can't expect Chuck Johnson to do all of our journalism for us. It interferes with his first love: promoting genocide.

So I guess that leaves me to cover the Lou Dobbs Day story. I'll need your help to do it. Do a little snooping around your community. Are similar roundups happening there? Also pose the question in the comments section of other blogs. Try to enlist others to help. Then, send your info to me at patriotboy at charter period-thing net. I'd appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.