Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

On the run

I have a few minutes between meetings, so I thought I'd update you on my latest adventures in the Emerald City. The hotel's On Command movie preview is playing in the background as I write this. It's nothing less than a continuous loop of filth. Worse yet, it's directed at our children. While summarizing the plot of a supposedly kid-oriented movie called Nanny McPhee, the host said "...and finally, Nanny McPhee works her magic and whips those little carpet munchers into shape." Yes, that's what she said. First it was Tinky Winky, then Spongebob and Lenny the crossdressing shark, now it's Nanny McPhee. Where will it end?

I had a great time infiltrating Drinking Liberally last night. In fact, I had such a good time, I forgot to pay my bill. I'm going to run back over to Montlake Ale House to make amends. Hopefully, I'll get there before the cops break down my door.

I want to thank Darryl of Hominid Views and Goldy of Horsesass for inviting me to be part of their panel for Podcasting Liberally. I sucked and I'm not being modest when I say that--I truely sucked (in a purely performance-based, heterosexually kind of way, mind you). Thank God the other panelist were good enough to salvage the show. They were very sharp and incredibly funny.

It was great to meet occasional commenter The Him of Blog Reload and the very funny guy from Pike Place Politics. Molly from The (liberal) Girl Next Door is very insightful and quick-witted. I hadn't read her blog before today, but it's now going into my RSS feed.

It was also good to meet the many Jesus' General readers who also infiltrated the event. I'm terrible with names, but I hope to see you all again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.