Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Bad General

I've been a bad general the last couple of weeks. My inner Frenchman's been in his last throes a lot lately. He's been turning corners all over the place, but I think combat operations are over now and I'm declaring mission accomplished, or at least I will after a little mid-Friday diversion.

In the past, I've asked you what your favorite protest songs are. Today, I'd like to hear about your three favorite love songs, even the cheesy ones.

I've always been a sucker for:

You are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker (with Billy Preston and Patti Labelle--I love her--in this version)



Air that I Breath - The Hollies



Some Kind of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad (God they're old, but looking at this list, I must be too.)



Sorry, no Barry White.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    love love love joe cocker..

    and patti labelle is amazing....gee

    thanks, general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Maybe I'm in a mood, but right now,

    Sacred Love- Bad Brains
    No Woman No Cry- Bob Marley
    Bad Luck Child- Muddy Waters

    (anatomicallyappropriate)Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:40 PM

    hmmmm. how about three good ones at the moment? i can't hope to nail down something as heavy as 'three favorite'. These might change in a minute! But I can groove on all of them, sure.

    1. Obsession - Aventura
    2. Right Down the Line - Gerry Rafferty
    3. She's Fresh - Kool and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ship Song by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    Gorecki by Lamb (full 6:33 version)
    Let's Go Out Tonight by The Blue Nile
    are 3 wonderful ones but it's not written in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Love the Cocker! The Mrs. and I have tears in our eyes.

    Try this Cocker: Leave Your Hat On . Now THAT'S a Love Song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Leave your hat on" is originally a Randy Newman song?

    Anyway, speaking of Rand, how 'bout

    It's Money that I love
    also,
    Here, There, and Everywhere
    and,
    Every Woman (Dave Mason, late of "traffic")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    I miss Billy Preston.

    ReplyDelete

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.