Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not "on a shrieking political bender"

Bob Owens
Confederate Yankee

Dear Mr Owens,

As you know, I've been one of your biggest fans for a long, long time. I've always been very impressed by your decision to embrace Confederate values in spite of your Northern beginnings. That said, I don't think I've ever been more proud to be counted among your readers than I am today.

Your post on the Knoxville church shooting was just about perfect. I particularly enjoyed how you admonished those who would use the tragedy to "go on a shrieking political bender," after you so shrilly declared it to be an example of Christian persecution.

Please note, however, that I described the post as being "just about perfect." As good as it was, it could have been better. I think you stumbled when you described the church as being Christian. I don't think you really believe that, do you? We are talking about a Unitarian Universalist church here after all. No true Confederate Christian believes Unitarians are Christian. Hell, they're worse than the Catholics and Mormons combined.

You should have just called it a Southern Baptist church. Doing so would have made your Christian persecution argument much more compelling. And although such a claim would not have the benefit of being accurate, your audience would certainly buy it. I'm certainly not hearing them complain about how you ignored the shooter's letter--the one in which he wrote that he was targeting liberals--and, instead, focused on an apocryphal story about a conversation the shooter had with a neighbor.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

Elsewhere: Shooter a Savage, Hannity, and O'Reilly fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.