Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Monday, December 01, 2008

Breshnev boogied to Marvin Gaye


Capt. Christian Biscotti
Chaplain, US Air Force
MA, Theology, Regent University
Chaplaincy of Full Gospel Churches

Dear Capt.Biscotti,

I just finished looking over the slideshow you presented at a recent Air Force suicide prevention seminar, and I'm very impressed. I suspect the slide comparing the United States to the Soviet Union was particularly effective. I mean who would want to commit suicide after learning we're a theistic nation and that the soviets were a bunch of damned atheists?

That said, I think you need to make a correction to that slide. It's in the part where you list the leaders. I think you're right to list Washington and Lincoln for the US, but I have real problems with you listing Darwin, Marx, Lenin and Stalin as Soviet leaders. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about about accuracy. I don't care that Darwin was English, Marx was German, and they both died before the Russian Revolution--their evil ideas certainly made the Soviet dictatorship possible. Nor am I complaining about Lenin, he deserves to be on the list simply because he was credited for writing that song about doing it in the middle of the road.

My problem with it is that it's not all-inclusive. Where's Marvin Gaye? He probably enslaved more Russians, Georgians, Uzbeks, etc than Darwin. Certainly, more lives have been ruined by the immorality of songs like Me and Mrs. Jones and Sexual Healing than by evolution theory (Ok, I'm not counting studies conducted on the immoral practices of bonobos).

To be honest, I have to question the competence of someone who would overlook Marvin Gaye while including Darwin on a list of Soviet leaders. What the hell were you thinking? I hope you add him soon.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.