From The Nation:
A former Blackwater employee and an ex-US Marine who has worked as a security operative for the company have made a series of explosive allegations in sworn statements filed on August 3 in federal court in Virginia. The two men claim that the company's owner, Erik Prince, may have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. The former employee also alleges that Prince "views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe," and that Prince's companies "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life."Erik Prince is one of us. He's a crusader for Jesus. Just look at all the things he's funded:
- Family Research Council Between July 2003 and July 2006, the Edgar and Elsa Prince Foundation gave at least $670,000 to the FRC. Erik Prince is vice president of the foundation.
- Focus on the Family During the same time period, the foundation gave $531,000 to Focus on the Family.
- Christian Freedom International Erik Prince and Paul Behrends, a former aide to Republican Rep. Dana Rohrbacher and now a Blackwater executive, are on the board of this organization that "helps Christians who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ."
- Republican Party Made his first political contribution ($15,000) at age 19. Has contributed more than $200,000 to the party or to Republican candidates (from 1989 to the present).
- Susan B. Anthony List Made a $3,500 contribution to this group that supports pro-life candidates.