Dear Mrs. Engel,
You ask a good question: "What if Tim Tebow were a Muslim?" How would America act if someone criticized a player because he prayed facing Mecca after every touchdown, put verses from the Qur'an on his eye black, and encouraged people to buy jerseys featuring his number and Mohammed's name sewn onto them?
You answer that question correctly: "All hell would break loose...[because] You cannot mock Muslim faith, not in this country, not anywhere really."
It's the truth. Next to white males and bankers, Christians are the most persecuted group in America. We see it every day in news stories like these:
- A godfearing Christian is arrested for applying his His Great and Holy Steel-Toed Boots of Witnessing against a Muslin Youth.
- A presidential contender leaps rather than crushes in polls released after he calls Palestinians an "invented people.
- Lowe's Hardware, acting on a request by a Christian Group, is accused of bigotry after pulling ads from a television show, All-American Muslim, portraying Muslims as being American.
- A fine white Christian football coach with a record of 23 wins and 36 losses since 2007 is fired by the team's Muslim owner and replaced with a Negro.
- A pious Catholic Congressman, who supported the righteous Irish Republicans and their army, is vilified for bringing the full power of the federal government against Muslims.
- The FBI reports a 50% rise in hate crimes against Muslims but ignores the ongoing war against Christmas.
Heterosexually yours in a chaste, biblical, and persecuted kind of way,
General JC Christian, patriot