Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, June 11, 2004

The General goes to war

I signed up for Operation TIPS a couple of years ago. You might remember TIPS, it was Our Leader's effort to get us all to spy on each other. It never got off the ground because the traitorous Frenchmen among us screamed that creating a system of citizen informers to keep an eye on dissenters was anti-democratic. They compared it to the old East German secret police organization, the Stasi. It was an unfair comparison. The East German informants were commies; our would be Informelle Mitarbeiten love freedom.

The Frenchies were successful in killing the program, and TIPS applicants like myself were transferred to Citizen Corps Councils. I was OK with that because the name is kind if cool. It reminds me of the White Citizen Councils of my youth.

That was the last I heard from them until today when they finally gave me my orders--yes, they have asked The General to help with the war effort. My mission is to fly the flag on Flag Day.

I can't tell you how proud I am to be chosen for this assignment. It's definitely one of the high points of my life. Sure, I've been fighting the war for over a year now as a member of the 101st Fighting Keyboarders, but that's an informal organization. Now, I'm a Department of Homeland Security operative, one of Ridge's REMFs.

Here are my orders:

From: citizencorps@dhs.gov
To: [Gen. JC Christian, patriot]
Subject: Flag Day Focus on Hometown Security

With so much progress, we wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your continued interest and support and to reflect on the importance of citizen participation in making America safer. And what better day, than Flag Day, June 14 -- a day that unites us as a country and evokes the patriotism and spirit of our founding principals. On June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress adopted the Stars and Stripes as the official flag of our Republic. Since that time, the image of the American flag is one of our strongest national symbols, reminding us of the freedoms we cherish, uniting us in times of national grief, and bringing patriotic identity to international achievements in sport and science.

And since the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the flag also reminds us that everyone in America now has a greater role to make our nation safer, stronger, and better prepared. When people take personal responsibility to be prepared, get training, and volunteer to support their local first responders, we become a stronger nation.

[...]

America.s [sic] military and first responders have already answered the call to service. This Flag Day, as a citizen, you can show your commitment too. Fly the flag, talk to your family, friends, and neighbors about the safety of your community, and make your pledge to prepare, train, and volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.