Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Isn't it time for the schools to address miraculous visitations?

I posted this to Steve Gilliard's blog a couple of days ago.

Sen. Raymond Finney
Tennessee State Senate

Dear Sen. Finney,

Although I'm a huge fan of what you do in the Senate, I'm a little disappointed that you chose to announce your creationism resolution via a press release rather than on your blog. That's a shame, because I think it's one of the finest legislator blogs on all the internets tubes.

That said, I'm thrilled by your resolution. It's about time someone forced the Tennessee Department of Education to tell us whether they officially believe in God or not. Now the Department has to take a stand. The series of questions you ask in the resolution leaves them no other choice. The questions are absolutely inspired:

• Is the universe and all that is within it, including human beings, created through purposeful, intelligent design by a Supreme Being, that is a Creator?
• Since the universe, including human beings, is created by a supreme being (a creator), why is creationism not taught in Tennessee public schools?
• Since it cannot be determined whether the universe, including human beings, is created by a supreme being (a creator), why is creationism not taught as an alternative concept, explanation, or theory, along with the theory of evolution in Tennessee public schools?

I'm wondering if the same strategy could be employed to force the Department to take a stand on other faith-based theories. I'm particularly interested in miraculous visitation (Christ on a knish or the Virgin Mary on a bicycle seat--that kind of thing).

You see, I have a bunion that looks exactly like Saint Christina the Astonishing. People laugh at me and call me crazy when I tell them about it, and they get angry and disgusted when I try to show it to them. I'm tired of the abuse, but I know it stems from ignorance. That's why I'm hoping you can help me out by filing a resolution. Hopefully, it'll convince the Department of Education to put both miraculous visitation and creationism into their science curriculum.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.