Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Under Attack

I received a dispatch from Gary Bauer today warning about a mediaslamunistofascist plot to undermine God's power brokers. But before I share it with you, let's take a moment to once again remind ourselves that Mr. Bauer is not a homosexual. Really. He's not.

Here's the dispatch:

Friday, September 28, 2007

To: Friends & Supporters
From: Gary Bauer

Dr. Dobson And I Need Your Prayers

The last two weeks have been the worst I can remember in a long time for the pro-family, pro-life movement. A series of distorted media reports have tried to divide us. Christians and other values voters are taking verbal shots at each other over whom to support in the presidential race. And reporters are “licking their chops” at the dissention and disarray.

Dr. Jim Dobson, my longtime friend and ally, has taken all sorts of unfair hits from the Los Angeles Times and other media outlets. Some of those “hits” quoted unnamed “former associates.” One paper today took a shot at him and attributed it to me. The reporter admitted to me this morning that he made a mistake and will issue a retraction. But the damage was done. It makes me sick, and I know it sickens Jim too.

In recent weeks, I have received a number of e-mails from fellow believers attacking me, and in every case it was based on false press reports. Some have written angry notes because they have heard that I want a third pro-family party, while others are angry because I don’t want a third pro-family party. I have been accused of publicly endorsing Thompson, or Romney, or McCain or “fill in the blank.” I have not endorsed anyone. Yesterday, I was accused of demanding that Mike Huckabee withdraw. What? I would never do that. In fact, I am having lunch with him today. I continue to feel that God is calling me to work with all of the candidates.

If you see media reports – even in Christian media – do not assume that they are accurate. One Christian outlet ran a major story this week about what I supposedly believe, but no one from that outlet ever called to talk to me. You can always check the facts directly with us by calling our office at 703-671-9700 or by e-mailing me at gary.bauer@amvalues.org.

All of this is to say that the leaders of the pro-family, pro-life movement need your prayers for wisdom, discernment and strength. I know I need them!

* * * * *

If you are interested in receiving Mr. Bauer's daily report by e-mail, please call 703-671-9700, visit SIGN UP FOR GARY BAUER'S "END OF DAY REPORT" or simply send a reply e-mail titled "Subscribe" and include your name and address. To be removed from Gary Bauer's End of Day distribution list, please reply to this message with "Remove" in the subject line.

Please feel free to share this report with family and friends. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, donations to American Values are tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. You may donate online by visiting our website or by using the following address in your web browser: https://www.ouramericanvalues.org/contribute.php or you may mail contributions to the following address:

American Values
2800 Shirlington Road
Suite 950
Arlington, VA 22206

Phone: 703-671-9700
Fax: 703-671-1680

Update: Late breaking news about a congressman who also is most certainly not a homosexual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.