Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reader's Digest is Stayin' Classy

I loved reading Reader's Digest as a kid. It was the only place where you could read reports about our imminent victory in Vietnam and stories written by Joe's various organs--"I am Joe's Colon" was a masterpiece; it really moved me.

But the thing I liked most about Reader's Digest were its humor sections, and I'm glad to see they are still publishing funny jokes, today. Take the one quoted below for example. Is there anything funnier than violence against women?
Police find the man in an apartment holding a 5-iron over the woman’s lifeless body. When a detective asks the man how many times he hit her, the man replies, "I don’t know. Five ... maybe six ... Put me down for a five."

3 comments:

  1. Context is everything:

    Three Roman golfers are talking after hammering nails into the flesh of Jesus of Nazareth. The first two agree it took seven hits to drive the spikes in. They ask the third golfer how many times he drove the spike into the flesh of our Lord and Savior, and the man replies, "I don’t know. Five ... maybe six ... Put me down for a five."

    See, Reader's Digest would totally be down with that joke. Totally down.

    ++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno... I've heard that the Reader's Digest humour sections are in a bit of trouble these days. Yeah, that probably explains it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they still have Humor in Uniform?

    ReplyDelete

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.