Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Monday, October 04, 2004

Why Our Glorious Leader lost the debate (excuse #223)

The patriots at Free Republic have uncovered a Kerry dirty trick so vile, it threatens the very foundation of our democracy.

Posted on 10/01/2004 11:59:30 AM PDT by Lazamataz

I noticed something last night.

G.W. Bush's necktie was askew. It looked unprofessional. I wondered HOW in the heck that could have happened.

Then during the replay, I saw how it happened. When Kerry greeted Bush, Kerry held on to Bush's hand as Bush was walking away. Bush was forced to awkwardly stretch his torso, dislodging the correct placement of the tie.

I initially thought it was all happenstance. But on further review, I saw that Kerry made a point of adjusting his tie after the handshake, just in case the manuever dislodged his too.

Maybe it was an accident, maybe not. I think not. If anyone has contacts to Bush, please advise them of this possible purposeful action, or at the very least, MAKE SURE BUSH'S TIE IS STRAIGHT. I was focused on the tie, it looked so sloppy.

To: holdonnow; Doclim; M. Thatcher
Please send this little observation to the right people.....

To: Bob J; Jim Robinson
It's a smallish point, but every little bit helps. Please send this observation to people who can influence things

To: RushCrush
The depths to which Kerry will sink.....continue to amaze....
Actually, it was a very clever maneuver. I give the Kerry people kudos for coming up with it, if it was indeed intentional.

Now it is up to our side to respond.

To: Lazamataz
It may have been askew, but it was blue, the standard business color this year.
Red ties are out. Of course, Kerry wore a red tie.

To: EggsAckley
Laz, I noticed the tie as well.
Thanks. And to those who did not notice it consciously, I'm sure it was an unconscious factor in the somewhat poor reviews of GW's performance.

Psychology is subtle, and unconscious effects are the most insidious. We must be ever-vigilant.

To: Lazamataz
Ya know Laz, that IS something the demonrats WOULD stoop to.

To: Lazamataz
When I've attending cooking schools, one of the most stressed points is that "presentation is EVERYTHING."

To: Lazamataz
Evidently every JFnK's opening step was as carefully manicured as his tiddily fingerlies.

To: Lazamataz
I hope so. You've been around here a long time and are the last person I would expect to make excuses. When the going gets tough the tough get going. The whole handshake thing is to try to show who's in control. I do it all the time with people I don't like. Rather than avoiding the handshake, I grasp firmly, and when my adversary tries to pull away, I squeeze a little tighter and hold another second or so, until I decide the handshake is over. It really pisses people off and that's why I do it.

To: OXENinFLA
i seriously thought bush was gonna slug him when kerry did that. take another look at the video, bush looks back at him. thought it was funny.

To: Lazamataz
Kerry's team did a much better job of dressing him than did President Bush's. Bush's suit did not contrast strongly enough with the back ground, allowing him to blend in or fad out. Kerry's deep black suit and red tie was a sharper visual.
I was a bit angry at the President's people for this simple error. They need to go back to the people who managed the visuals for the convention. They were brilliant!

To: reflecting
I think your analysis is dead on, and should also go up the food chain to W's handlers.

To: Lazamataz
Blue ties may very well be "in" this year - and red may very well be "out". However the power suit - Navy Blue suit, white shirt, red tie - is a VERY good look for President Bush. It's called a power suit for a reason.

Whether it matters or not, I really wish he had worn it last night.

To: Lazamataz
Can you tell me what the color meant? Kerry I know came for war (war in the sense of winning a debate, not protecting America of course) in the red one, what was Bush's statement?

To: Iam1ru1-2; Lazamataz
Iam, its Laz for crying out loud. Do you know who he is!!?

Oh, and his IS straight. Heterosexual that is.

To: sinkspur
I think it should be noted that Bush MADE BLUE the standard business color. The day of the SOTU after 9-11 Bob Woodward was trailing Bush and Bush asked him "what color tie do you think I ought to wear, red or blue?" and Woodward said "red" and Bush wore blue. It's been the power tie color ever since.

Fashion follows George W. Bush. sKerry can only wish.

To: tet68
It sounds like such a little juvie prep school trick. People forget 1) this is not a game, and 2) this is not a prep school debate where the winner gets so many electoral votes in the election.

Dubya won that debate because instead of going for debate points, he went fishing for talking points. He hauled in a boatload, and he's been out there taking advantage of them all day.

Early this morning everyone was saying Kerry won, and by this evening people are saying Bush nailed him.

To: Lazamataz
Another dirty trick I noticed: Kerry waited until Bush walked out onto the stage before he walked out, so the U. of Miami teeny-boppers in the balcony could erupt in screams when HE appeared. He did the same thing at the end: remained on the stage alone so the idiots could scream again. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere.

To: Lazamataz
Did you notice how close Kerry came to W's face, kinda like to look down at him as they started?
Well then W slapped him on the back afterwards at the end as to say 'nice try'.

To: Lazamataz
Michael Savage was just talking about this.

To: Lazamataz
Kerry's clutch on Bush's hand was downright weird.

To: Lazamataz
Good observation. What I noticed about his tie is that it wasn't red. My feeling is that he was downplaying a confrontational position by wearing the conservative tie and not pouncing on all of the things Kerry said that deserved to be challenged. It made me wonder what the heck was in those thirty some pages of debate rules. I wonder if there was something there about attacking the opponent. Obviously Kerry didn't care whatever the rules were.

I am disappointed that the President left others to jump on what Kerry said. It would have been great if he had just wiped the floor up with him.

To: Lazamataz
my husband noticed this too!


A tip of the helmet to Mushuweasel for fnding this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.