Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Amazon Review of Mrs.Cheney's latest book

Frenchmen pretending to be patriots are panning my Amazon review of Mrs. Cheney's latest children's book. The first, Mrs. C. Perlman, the "splendiferous" author of the current spotlighted review, wasted no time savaging my contribution. Within no more than a few heartbeats of its publishing, she jealously attacked my work, writing, "Get some information before you go shooting your mouth off, mister!"

Her attack was quickly followed by another from Mr. Emmanuel Kant, who rose from the grave to call me a "jackass." I suppose there is some deep philosophical meaning behind his use of that word. I'm not sure what that meaning might be, but I'm fairly certain that it must be unkind.

I've republished my review below. Be forewarned that if you choose to click "yes" on the "Was this review helpful to you" button, you'll earn Mrs. Perlman's wrath. She'll become very angry if it receives enough recommendations to replace her review in the "spotlighted" section.

Disappointing, October 31, 2006
Reviewer:Gen. JC Christian, patriot (Tremonton, UT United States) - See all my reviews
I've read every book Mrs. Cheney has written since her first one, "Sisters." Unfortunately, each has been more disappointing than the original. Sure, I think she should be applauded for introducing children to a more faith-based version of history. Heaven knows they need an alternative to that filthy fact-based stuff they're force-fed in the schools.

But why leave out the story of the women she wrote about in "Sisters." They're are just as much a part of our history as the people in other stories in "Our Fifty States. Certainly her young readers would benefit from learning about these two women's very close, very special, very physical relationship. Now, I know that some call such relationships "an abomination in the eyes of the Lord," but that's only because they're confused. As I've said time and time again, women can't know women in the way they know men, because they don't have "little soldiers." I'm always surprised more adults don't understand this.

Anyway, if you want a book by Lynne Cheney, choose Sisters rather than this one. The information about how ladies in the old west used sponges is worth the price of the book alone.

Sidenote: Virtually all of my other Amazon reviews have been deleted. I no longer have a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.