Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Passing on the music

I'm just popping back in for a second to start a music list.

Yesterday, a Loudon Wainwright III duet came on the radio and I was absolutely floored by the voice of female singer. I looked her up and learned that the voice belonged to Loudon's daighter, Martha Wainwright. Then today, a Bebel Gilberto song popped up on my mp3 player. She's the daughter of bossa nova superstars Joao and Astrud Gilberto--you may best know them by a song he wrote and she sang, Girl from Ipanema.

That made me wonder how many other great second, third, and fourth generation singers there might be out there. So why don't you list your favorites here and we'll find out. as always, I've started it out with one I've liked for a few years, Giberto, and one I've liked for about 30 hours now, Wainwright.

Now it's your turn to add your favorite chips off the old block. This week's playlist is called "Generations" You can search for songs to add by clicking here.

username: jcchristian
password: ourmusic




OK, I'm off to take our graduate daughter and her boyfriend to dinner. I'll see you all on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.