Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Polysogyny

Mark Rowan
Editor, Central Connecticut State University Recorder

Dear Mr. Rowen,

I'm quite a bit older than you, but I have to agree with you that the problems you're having at your newspaper stem from a generational difference in what is considered to be humorous. Baby Boomers, Tweeners, and Gen. Xers just don't get your jokes. As hard as it is to believe, most of them don't think that a cartoon about a guy peeing on a captive Latina teen is funny, nor do they see the humor in an editorial about the joy of rape. Instead, they immediately leap to the outlandish conclusion that you, your cartoonist, and editorial page editor hate women.

I'm hoping we can change their perceptions about you. I want to help. I took a stab at re-editing the offending cartoon. I think my version does a much better job of communicating your original intent.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot





No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.