Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Sunday, February 13, 2005

They also serve who only sit and type

Jonah Goldberg
Editor at Large, National Review Online

Dear Mr. Goldberg,

I've been meaning to thank you for writing the following a couple of weeks ago:

As for why my sorry a** isn't in the kill zone, lots of people think this is a searingly pertinent question. No answer I could give -- I'm 35 years old, my family couldn't afford the lost income, I have a baby daughter, my a** is, er, sorry, are a few -- ever seem to suffice.

It's about time someone stood up for those of us fight the war from our keyboards rather than from some hot, uncomfortable, unarmored humvee in Iraq. We serve too, and it's time people recognized our contributions.

Unfortunately, I saw a news report tonight that might be used to renew these attacks against us. Johnnie Chennault, a father of eleven from Tennessee, is being deployed to Iraq later this month. He's not complaining despite the hardship his deployment will cause his family.

This is the kind of thing that makes us keyboard warriors look bad. It raises all sorts of questions about our patriotism and support for the war. Something needs to done about Chennault.

I think you ought to destroy him. Has he ever had oral sex? Did he win medals commanding a swift boat in Vietnam? Is his wife a covert CIA operative? If so, we could out her. Surely, there's something we use against him.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

Thanks to the incomparable MJS for the tip

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.