Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Mitt and the Muslims

Robert Spencer
Jihad Watch

Dear Mr. Spencer,

I was very impressed with your defense of Rep. Virgil Goode's letter denouncing the Islamunistofascistification of America. I particularly enjoyed the part where you wrote that Muslim politicians like Keith Ellison cannot be trusted because a commentary on the Quran allows Muslims to lie to unbelievers.

Are you considering writing something similar about LDS politicians like Mitt Romney and Gordon Smith? Their holy book, The Book of Mormon--the same book that Sen. Smith held when he was sworn into the Senate--tells Mormons that thievery and murder are righteous acts when committed in the name of the Lord.

Specifically, I'm referring to 1 Nephi 4, the story of how Nephi acquires the Brass Plates of Laban before leaving Jerusalem for Cancún. 1 Nephi 4:13 is the key verse:

4:7 Nevertheless I went forth, and as I came near unto the house of Laban I beheld a man, and he had fallen to the earth before me, for he was drunken with wine.

4:8 And when I came to him I found that it was Laban.

4:9 And I beheld his sword, and I drew it forth from the sheath thereof; and the hilt thereof was of pure gold, and the workmanship thereof was exceedingly fine, and I saw that the blade thereof was of the most precious steel.

4:10 And it came to pass that I was constrained by the Spirit that I should kill Laban; but I said in my heart: Never at any time have I shed the blood of man. And I shrunk and would that I might not slay him.

4:11 And the Spirit said unto me again: Behold the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands. Yea, and I also knew that he had sought to take away mine own life; yea, and he would not hearken unto the commandments of the Lord; and he also had taken away our property.

4:12 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me again: Slay him, for the Lord hath delivered him into thy hands;

4:13 Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should perish than that a nation should dwindle and perish in unbelief.

4:14 And now, when I, Nephi, had heard these words, I remembered the words of the Lord which he spake unto me in the wilderness, saying that: Inasmuch as thy seed shall keep my commandments, they shall prosper in the land of promise.

4:15 Yea, and I also thought that they could not keep the commandments of the Lord according to the law of Moses, save they should have the law.

4:16 And I also knew that the law was engraven upon the plates of brass.

4:17 And again, I knew that the Lord had delivered Laban into my hands for this cause -- that I might obtain the records according to his commandments.

4:18 Therefore I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and took Laban by the hair of the head, and I smote off his head with his own sword.

4:19 And after I had smitten off his head with his own sword, I took the garments of Laban and put them upon mine own body; yea, even every whit; and I did gird on his armor about my loins.

4:20 And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw the servant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.

4:21 And he supposed me to be his master, Laban, for he beheld the garments and also the sword girded about my loins.

4:22 And he spake unto me concerning the elders of the Jews, he knowing that his master, Laban, had been out by night among them.

4:23 And I spake unto him as if it had been Laban.

4:24 And I also spake unto him that I should carry the engravings, which were upon the plates of brass, to my elder brethren, who were without the walls.

4:25 And I also bade him that he should follow me.

Now that sounds a lot worse than telling a lie to me, but then again, Mormons tend to be more "white and delightsome" than Islamunistofascists, so I suppose it balances out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.