Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Friday, November 16, 2007

A march, a boy, his calf, and Jesus

Marching Man
Million March For God Blog

Dear Mr. Man,

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe God makes things happen to direct us to act in a certain way or to do a specific thing. I think that's what he had in mind for me today when he directed me to read a couple of blogs I'd never seen before.

The first one was yours, and I'm glad Our Lord and Savior directed me to it. I found your November 13th post to be very moving. Well, mostly moving--I wasn't too thrilled about the first part of it, where, in a burst of unfortunate tolerance, you invited Jews to join in the march. But you corrected that mistake quickly and did so in a way that I'll admit choked me up a bit:

We are going to keep the doors open to people of all faiths, but LET IT BE KNOWN, WE ARE, AS STATED, CHRISTIAN! Now, our forefathers were composed of men of varying Christian faiths. So our nation was structured on those foundations, as we are looking to restore.

If English is our official language, part of our nation, our heritage, then the same must go for our religous beliefs. I am not suggesting that anyone be forced to ever change their faith or ideals, but STOP supressing ours. If you come to this country, you must accept our laws, our language, our holidays, and our way of life to include our religion.
.
God then directed me to a second blog where I learned about the Sky Angel Cowboy, a 13-year-old Nebraska boy who called up a radio station to tearfully tell them about a lesson he'd learned that morning. The night before, his father was doing a little roping practice and accidentally broke the back of the boy's favorite calf. Like any good Christian father, he decided to turn the tragedy into a teaching experience and told the boy to shoot his beloved pet. Of course, the thought of killing his friend horrified the boy, so he prayed about it before going to bed. God responded the next morning, telling the boy that he had to kill the calf because the calf was like Jesus.

God had a purpose when he directed me to these two stories. He's telling us that the non-Christians who will attend your march are a lot like that calf with a broken back--they're crippled by their unbelief--and although we can't shoot them (at least, I don't think we can), I think God might want us to kick their asses until they convert. What do you think?

I'd be glad to serve on any committee you form to bring this about.

Heterosexually yours,

Gen JC Christian, patriot

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.