Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is God off His game?

Ray Comfort
The Way of The Master

Dear Mr. Comfort,

Although my faith in God is total, I've noticed something about Him, lately, that causes me concern. I've wanted to discuss it with someone, but have been reluctant to do so due to the high probability that I'd be rebuked.

Anyway, after reading your post about how God is punishing California with forest fires for granting special human rights to homosexuals, I realized it's time for me to just blurt it all out. Consequences be damned.

Has God lost a step? He just doesn't seem to be at the top of his game anymore. I mean, look around. While sending a hurricane to stop a pride parade in New Orleans, flooding Cedar Rapids because the "University of Iowa is very homosexual-oriented," and burning trees in California to ruin a few same-sex wedding days are certainly worthy efforts on God's part, such acts lack the sheer destructiveness and imagination He exhibited in His earlier work.

Think about it. In the old days, He'd have burned New Orleans to the ground in a storm of fire and brimstone, given the entire population of Cedar Rapids a particularly painful strain of hemorrhoids "in their secret parts," and dumped California into the ocean. God was a real bad ass then, a bad ass with a twisted sense of humor and a flair for the dramatic.

I mean, good golly. He made it rain frogs in Egypt on one day and turned the Nile into a river of blood the next. It was like He went from Dali2 to Christoff3 in a heartbeat. Now, he just seems to be coasting.

Maybe he's grown bored with his job. Perhaps smiting just doesn't turn His Miraculous Crank as much as it once did. Heck, I guess it's ok--He is God after all; He sets the rules--but I can't help but feel a little cheated. How about you?

Heterosexually yours,

Gen. JC Christian, patriot

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.