Help Me Reach 12 on the Manly Scale of Absolute Gender

If you like the patriotic work we're doing, please consider donating a few dollars. We could use it. (if asked for my email, use "gen.jc.christian@gmail.com.")
Thanks!

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Good News for Born Again Christians: Jesus Makes Your Brain Atrophy

Little did I know that on the day I accepted Jesus into my heart after He helped me win a catfish noodling trophy, the Lord also gave me a second trophy: my brain. That's the conclusion of a new study from Duke University. After studying 268 men and women aged 58 and over, they found that being born again in the blood of Jesus results in brain atrophy:
Significantly greater hippocampal atrophy was observed for participants reporting a life-changing religious experience. Significantly greater hippocampal atrophy was also observed from baseline to final assessment among born-again Protestants...compared with Protestants not identifying as born-again.
I know that sounds all sciency and stuff, but it's good. Jesus makes our brain atropy, all gold and shiny and wow, I want to be born again again.

Please consider giving a few dollars if you enjoy our work. Click the donate button at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'll try dumping haloscan and see how it works.